Sunday, November 13, 2011

Brazil Top 100

While record shopping at Amoeba today, I saw that they had posted Rolling Stone Brazil's top 100 Brazilian records of all time.  I was excited to see that the records I recognized were all ones that I also think are great, and disappointed to find that, even at Amoeba, the others weren't in stock.  Maybe too many other before me had seen the list and rifled through the CD rack.

I found the list on the internet here.  Unlike the sign at Amoeba, the list doesn't have the years of the recordings, but it's dominated by recordings from the early 70s and late 60s, the peak of Tropicalia.  Jorge Ben, Caetano Veloso, Os Mutantes, Rita Lee, and Gal Costa are the artists I already know and love that are in the top 20.  I have a feeling my boycott of Amazon might make it hard to track down some of the others, but I'm going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment