Sunday, September 25, 2011

The 30 Best Rock Songs of the 1960s

It's strange that YouTube is the easiest place to find most songs on the internet.  As a result, I often provide links to songs on YouTube, lacking other good alternatives.  I have also, myself, uploaded a number of videos to YouTube with photos of records.  I may find YouTube aesthetically displeasing, but I'm a pragmatist.

In an ideal world, with more music for listening and fewer videos for watching, I think I would still appreciate YouTube's potential for countdowns.  I've always loved countdowns.  They are not simply lists, but lists with drama and suspense.  Just this morning, I enjoyed this 8 minute YouTube video counting down the top 30 rock songs of the 1960s.

I think I'll hold my commentary on it back for a little while in case any readers wish to enjoy the suspense of the countdown themselves.  I will say that almost all of the songs in the top 30 are ones I will be seriously considering for my own top 300 or top 500 once I get up the energy and gumption to tackle the 60s, as I have already done with the 70s, 80s, 90s, and 00s.

No comments:

Post a Comment